If you still need to purchase beautiful lingerie for your wedding or honeymoon, have a look at White Avenue’s favourite bridal underwear brands. When buying bridal lingerie think about what suits your body, don’t be afraid to go with something a bit more raunchy than usual, choose what will be comfortable under your wedding dress, think about buying shape wear to give you confidence and above all, buy something you feel comfortable wearing.
Perhaps you think buying bridal lingerie is a bit of a waste of money but why feel guilty about spending on good quality lingerie when it will ensure you look and feel your best on your wedding day, even underneath the dress!?
For your wedding day, good quality is key; and try to go for something practical as opposed to a collection that is utterly sexy and beautiful to look at. The underwear you choose for your wedding day needs to suit your style of wedding dress, give your support if you need it and appear smooth under your dress. You can get something more adventurous for the honeymoon.
There are lingerie brands that will specialise in ‘bridal’ underwear but you don’t necessarily have to stick to the specialists.
White Avenue’s Top Tips for Buying Bridal Underwear
1. Considering that you’ll be on your feet and around camera’s all day it’s essential that you choose lingerie you’re comfortable in.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask your bridal dress designer about what kind of lingerie you should go for and what kind would give you the best silhouette.
3. It’s not a crime to buy raunchy underwear! Romance, feeling sexy, and looking your best in front of your new husband are all positive things.
4. Choose your wedding dress first, purchase your underwear and then take it with you when you have your dress fittings so that your dress can be measured around your new underwear. Check the structure of your new wedding gown and whether it has bust support, whether it has boning or whether it has a slinky satin cut – these kind of details are important and will have a big influence on the type of lingerie you decide to buy.
5. Don’t leave the shopping until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to buy your bridal underwear so it’s not just an afterthought! It will save you a lot of stress by doing it early. There is nothing worse than a bride finding her underwear doesn’t work with her dress on the morning of the wedding.
Where to buy:
Ell & Cee Bride
Fox & Rose
John Lewis own brand & others including Elle Macpherson, DKNY & Chantelle Eternelle
Fleur of England
Rigby & Peller
Other lingerie brands to try are:
White Avenue is a wedding planning company based in London. We hope you enjoy reading our blog posts! As well as publishing our own real weddings we have planned, we write blogs on everything to do with weddings including bridal dresses, entertainment, venues, flowers, wedding rings and much more.
If you are interested in the White Avenue team planning your wedding, please email us on email@example.com. We cover the whole of the UK and we also plan destinations weddings such as Italy and Greece.