Our couples often ask us what we think the best wedding favor / favours are. For me, its not what you purchase as a favour, its how you present it and how you personalise it. For example, you could buy a tin of mints in a silver tin – but you can jazz it up by putting a personal message/ beautiful graphics on the top. However, on the flip side, don’t feel you HAVE to bother with wedding favours – some people look at them as an unnecessary waste of money. Your guests won’t be upset if you don’t provide an expensive one, or anything at all for that matter!
If you love them though, there are so many options to choose from and we have put together some of our favourites to get your ideas going.
White Avenue’s 8 top tips:
1. Think about whether you want your guests to keep this gift forever, or whether you don’t mind giving them something to open straight away and eat or use.
2. Think about how you can personalise it with a label or message and whether you want a different favour for the ladies and gents.
3. You can choose favours according to the theme of your wedding such as a tropical, beach, butterfly or Christmas theme. Perhaps you could choose favours according to the season the wedding will be in – Summer or Winter wedding. Or, you could choose favours that represent you as a couple, what kind of things people relate to you, your interests and favourite things.
4. Think about your guests – what would they really like? Are they generally an older crowd? Would they end up leaving them on the table?
5. Budget. What can you afford? Can you go for a luxury wedding favour at £20 per favour and really go all out?
6. Favours add detail to your wedding tables. No matter how much they cost you, try to make them as eye pleasing as possible. Favours are a feature of the wedding that makes your wedding truly unique and personable. They can add colour to a table and make great photographs.
7. If you buy wedding favours that happen to be already boxed / packaged in something tacky or something that says ‘tesco’ on the back – take them out and put them in a nicer box or packaging – it will be totally unique and they will look amazing!
8. Wedding favours don’t have to sit on the table. They can be something bigger that your guests can pick up during the wedding – e.g. flip flops for the ladies for dancing or a whole dessert table.
More than 50 Wedding favour ideas:
top right: kath kidson . bottom left: twenty seven
top left: somersetgarden.co.uk
Lyndsey Goddard Photography
Sweets (sweets in a jar, retro sweets, wedding love hearts)
Christmas theme (snowflake decorations, cracker, bauble, cookies, gingerbread)
Fruit bags/ trays
Egg cup / and mini spoon
Martha Stewart blog
Sophia Victoria Joy
Stationery (journal/ me and you pencils)
red journal: bhg.com
heart box: heartland angel
Mini alcohol bottle
Lemonade/ milk bottle
Lip balm/ body butter
Bottle opener/ cork
Bottle opener: honeydew & violet
Basket of scones / strawberries / cream tea
Van Wyhe Photography
Destination wedding (luggage tag, anchor bag, sea salt, seashells, atlas thank you tags, maracas)
square candle tins from hope and willow
Mini sweet machines
Dessert in a jar / ingredients to make something
Red velvet photo: Catherine Noble
Succulents / herbs
Tea / tea diffuser
Left: Barebone photo. Right: heartloveweddings.com
Left: Hannah Akers Photography
Polaroid / Instragram magnets and coasters
etsy.com / ambrosiagirl.com
top right: wedding of my dreams – bottom left: posh totty designs
left: engagedandinspired.com right: bobbooks.co.uk
Plants / seeds
bottom left: etsy.com
Candle in a teacup
Dani Stephenson Photography
CD of love songs / favourite music
Personalised wrapper on chocolate bar
Left: Sarah Kathleen Photography. Right: Tom Ravenshear Photography
Ideas put together by White Avenue.
We may have missed a credit or two…If one needs adding please email us at email@example.com to let us know
White Avenue is a wedding planning company based in London. We hope you enjoy reading our blog posts! As well as publishing our own real weddings we have planned, we write blogs on everything to do with weddings including bridal dresses, entertainment, venues, flowers, wedding rings and much more.
If you are interested in the White Avenue team planning your wedding, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We cover the whole of the UK and we also plan destinations weddings such as Italy and Greece.